2024 AAPL Annual Leadership Conference
The ROI of Physician Leadership in Healthcare’s Transformation
April 12-14, 2024
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center | Nashville, TN
Community of Practice
The Benefits of Professional Development and Networking
A community of practice is a group of people who share a common concern, a set of problems, or an interest in a topic and who come together to fulfill individual and group goals. Communities of practice often focus on sharing best practices and creating new knowledge to advance a domain of professional practice. These communities of practice are informal, organic, and free-flowing. Community of Practice sessions are moderated by an individual who has knowledge of, and experience in, the domain. However, the moderator is not intended to provide answers, but to enable discussions amongst members.
Fostering Collaborative Learning in Healthcare
Interaction on an ongoing basis is an important part of a community of practice, as participants become both teacher and learner. We have created these sessions in recognition of the need for new skills to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world in healthcare. AAPL communities of practice rely on face-to-face meetings as well as web-based, collaborative groups you can join within our AAPL Platform to continually nurture the community through sustained communication and connection.
Top Benefits of Communities of Practice for Professional Learning
- Connect and provide a shared context for people who might not otherwise have the chance.
- Enable dialogue between people to share personal experiences, explore new possibilities, solve challenging problems, and create new, mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Stimulate learning by serving as a vehicle for authentic communication, mentoring, coaching, and self-reflection.
- Empower people to organize around purposeful actions that develop tangible results for themselves, their organizations, and communities.
- Identify solutions to common problems to help people improve their practice by providing a forum to process, collect, and evaluate best practices.
- Generate new knowledge to help people transform their practice to accommodate changes in needs and technologies. (Adapted from Cambridge, Kaplan & Suter)
2024 AAPL Leadership Conference Community of Practice Sessions
You may select a Community of Practice through the conference mobile app, which will be available several weeks before the event.
Communities of Practice
Communities of Practice
- Chief Medical Officer
- Population Health
- Women in Leadership
- Physician Wellness
- Leading Change
- AI in Healthcare
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Value-Based Care - Compensation
- Physician Engagement and Retention