No matter where you are in your career, maximize your potential.
Takes about 4 minutes
From $24 a month with additional discounts available to eligible members
AAPL Membership is a lifelong partnership for physicians in every phase of their clinical and non-clinical paths.
Gain a competitive edge through leadership education, career guidance, a peer-based network and unmatched resources, while readying yourself to lead your organization and healthcare into the future.
The Only Membership for Physician Leaders like You.
Membership means strength in association with like-minded colleagues, and also comes with perks and exclusives that allow you to take the fullest advantage of our resources, content, community and expertise.
Why Become A Member?
Find support, shared experience and security in that you are advancing healthcare with like-minded colleagues.
Physicians in every career stage and specialty are being called on to lead and provide direction for the future of healthcare. Be ready to answer that call. Empower yourself in the following ways to provide optimal care and position yourself for maximum impact with AAPL Membership.
Start by taking a leadership skills assessment. From there our education programs feature a variety of formats to fit your needs, top-rated faculty, and industry-leading credentials to help you build your skillset and put yourself ahead of your peers during every stage of your career.
Differentiate yourself in the market by earning an advanced credential in physician leadership. Our CPE and FAAPL programs are the most highly recognized credentials among physician leaders.
With access to an extensive physician leadership job bank, you’ll have the invaluable ability to network with other physicians. Do so in person at live institutes, via the AAPL Leadership Development Platform and through Physician Leadership Connect for peer support, career mentorship and doorways to new opportunities.
AAPL provides members with openings to increase leadership competencies and inspire others in their organizations, communities, and beyond. Explore medical journal authorship, mentor programs, teaching, volunteering and more.
Access to Resources
Enjoy access to an array of articles and resources—including journals, newsletters, books, webinars, and podcasts—all designed to further your professional growth.
As a Member, you’ll thrive with our tailored approach to lifelong learning, professional development, community, resources, and influence. Let us meet you where you are in your career with the tools and teachings you need to take the next step for yourself and your organization.
- Enroll in live institutes, online courses and customized onsite education
- Complimentary Leadership Education Advising Consultation
- Earn CME credits in a variety of leadership courses
- Apply courses towards a Physician-focused master’s program
- Psychometric leadership assessment tools
- Access to the physician leadership job bank
- Access to the AAPL News hub
- Receive the Physician Leadership Saturday newsletter
- General access to the AAPL Platform
- Access to SoundPractice Podcast
- Attain Certified Physician Executive (CPE) credential
- An automatic 15% discount on ALL courses and publications
- Earn the FAAPL credential with Fellowship
- Join the exclusive Vanguard Program
- Peer-to-peer connection via the member directory
- Access to the Physician Leadership Connect members-only forum
- Delivery of the award-winning Physician Leadership Journal 6x a year
- Curated e-delivery of top industry news through the Daily Digest
- Sign up for Members-only networking events
- Expanded AAPL Leadership Development Platform features
- Participation in the AAPL Mentorship Program
- Participation in Awards programs
- Ability to become an AAPL board member
- Negotiated rates for access to Certified Financial Planners™ and services
AAPL brings customized knowledge to us that we don’t have readily accessible, and helps us be more than we are, and better than we are. It makes us better-rounded leaders and helps us to better serve our teams and lead them into tomorrow’s ever-changing healthcare world. This has been one of the best decisions that I have made.
Deshini Moonesinghe MD, FACP, CPE
Member since 2011
Member since 2011
All Leaders Welcome.
That Means You.
It is one of our core beliefs that all physicians are leaders—in communities both medical and non—regardless of whether they currently hold formal leadership titles. In keeping with that principle, any physician interested in achieving their leadership potential is eligible for AAPL Membership.
If you prefer to talk directly to someone please call: