FROM THE DESK OF THE CEO
Important Update on 2020 Spring Conference & Annual Meeting
Washington, D.C. —
The following is an important message on our planned AAPL Spring 2020 Conference & Annual Meeting scheduled for June in Chicago:
- First and foremost, we hope you are all doing well.
- Recognizing the rapid evolution for this public health crisis, AAPL has continued to negotiate with our business partners regarding the June meeting so that we could make the most ethically proper and sound business decision.
- That said, based on those discussions, we are now able to announce that AAPL’s June meeting will definitively not occur but be postponed.
- We appreciate how many scheduled events are being postponed because attendees are needed at their hospitals or in their clinical practices. To help accommodate those higher priority needs, AAPL would like to assist you with several rescheduling options to consider:
- Fall Institute: Oct 29 – Nov 1, 2020 in Scottsdale, AZ
- Winter Academies: Jan 28 – 31, 2021 in St. Petersburg, FL
- Spring Conference & Annual Meeting: June 11 – 13, 2021 in Chicago, IL
Please let us know if you are interested in rescheduling and one of our team members will assist you in making this happen.
As physician leaders, we wish you only the very best as you endeavor to also lead your own organizations during these complex times. Do not hesitate to utilize our Covid-19 Resource Library Leadership in the Midst of Crisis or leverage your community of peers Physician Leadership Connect during this period of uncertainty..
Peter B. Angood, MD, FRCS(C), FACS, MCCM, FAAPL(Hon)
Chief Executive Officer